Blogs > Lighten Up With Cindy

Cindy Quinn-Hopkins, of Eastlake, is a 57-year-old contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

You have GOT to try Cabana's

Well, here I am in the second week. Yes, I am still excited. Yesterday I got to the mall to do some walking. The first time around I walked with a friend who can't walk fast. Even though we weren't going fast I still noticed that my heart rate was up. I went around two times though I did not go around the food court. It is too tempting right now. Well, it really was a hurdle for me to cross. But, it feels so good that I got it done.
We went to Cabanas' last night for dinner. What a super yummy dinner!!! If that steak weighed a pound I would not have stopped eating it - so good!! What a perfect place to go in the winter. The decorations make you feel like you are on the set of a Jimmy Buffet video. I was surprised that a place where a lot of fish is served - there was no fishy smell. I just liked the fragrance of the place.
The Vitabot program is really helpful to me. I have put in a couple of my recipes. "Chicken Salad" made with yogurt and fresh herbs or "The Saturday Morning Breakfast" which is the usual thing to make on a Saturday when you have the time to fiddle around with cooking. I love how it figures out the calories in a portion, that is a great tool.
Now, Laura Kessel is telling us about an exercise class we can go to for free! The class is 7 to 8 p.m. on Thursdays at the Mentor Church of Christ, 7201 Burridge Ave., Mentor.
I will be there.
By the way, I have lost a few pounds...... 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home