Blogs > Lighten Up With Cindy

Cindy Quinn-Hopkins, of Eastlake, is a 57-year-old contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

So much more fun to come!!



   This contest is the "beez kneezz"!  Last week we all had dinner together at Cabannas'.  I mean dinner there is a delight in itself.  But with all the Lighten-up team there together it was even better. 
    I had a reunion with an old friend.  We were sharing recipe ideas and exciting events coming up in our lives.
    Now that we are past the 5% mark we get the membership to the Y too!!! Yikes - love it.
    This week my legs aren't quit as sore as they were. I have the weeding workout for my advantage now.  Wait - I guess must of will have that too.  LOL  Love to garden.  I live in a condo so, if you want a little gardening help let me know I will be there.
    Keeping in the "nutritional zone".
    Laura K. says some of us are posting recipes here so, I am going to put in one I found since becoming a part of the contest. 
It is called:             Warm Quinoa Salad.

quinoa : 1 cup

Water as an ingredient : 2 cup

Pepper, sweet, red, raw : 1/2 cup, chopped

Pepper, sweet, green, raw : 1/2 cup, chopped

Fat-free honey mustard dressing : 1/2 cup

Raisins : 1/2 cup

sea salt : 1/2 tsp

Cashew nuts, roasted (assume salted) : 1 cup

Onions, young green, raw : 1/2 cup, chopped

Fresh Cilantro ½ cup chopped

 

Rinse the Quinoa in water. Then mix the 2 cups of water with the quinoa and cook according to the package directions.  After the quinoa cools add in all the other ingredients.  Add the cashews on top as a garnish over each serving. 

4 servings

Calories 363, 1 cup

9 g protein

60 g carb

10.5 g fat

2 g sat fat

0 mg cholesterol

435 mg sodium

4g fiber

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home