Blogs > Lighten Up With Cindy

Cindy Quinn-Hopkins, of Eastlake, is a 57-year-old contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Saturday, June 1, 2013

From the mouths of babes

This week I was excited to spend some time riding a stationary bike side by side with one of my grandsons, Cody.   It's always nice to have  some company while you work out.  Pretty soon Cody says,"I am sweating a little"  - I think he was surprized. 
Sometimes he would hold the handles where it will read your heart rate.   We would compare how fast our heart rates were.  We compared how far we were going.  How many rpm's, calories burned and how much we were sweating.  I told Cody that getting your heart rate up helps your body burn fat. 
Every now and then Cody comes up with a priceless line.   I think he was fascinated by his bodies production of "sweat".   It was on his mind.  Hey Cody, I have some sweat too. 
That is when he said "Grama, sweat is fat crying".  I said - well Cody that's absolutly right.  Good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home